EnviroSTIX Classic ADHESIVE SYSTEM
THINK OUTSIDE THE BUCKET
The EnviroSTIX Classic System is the original peel and bond EnviroSTIX™ System. It has been on the market proving as a solution for jobs with time-sensitive, budget-tight, challenging projects for over a decade. EnviroSTIX Classic includes the pre-cured EnviroSTIX™ Adhesive combined with the quick drying ES-P (EnviroSTIX™ Primer).
- Pre-mixed, roll-on PH neutralizing primer
- Easy peel and bond fast and easy adhesive installation
- Cost effective alternative vs. moisture mitigation
- Machine-applied adhesive with uniform coverage
- High relative humidity protection with aggressive moisture resistant adhesive. Performs on projects up to 99.0% RH.
The EnviroSTIX Classic System includes the quick drying ES-P (EnviroSTIX™ Primer) combined with the pre-cured EnviroSTIX™ Adhesive.
FLOORING MATERIAL APPLICATIONS:
This system works with most major commercial flooring manufacturer’s product lines. EnviroSTIX™ adhesive can be applied to carpet tiles, rubber tiles, VCT, LVT, sheet goods, and much more. (See your sales associate with questions about specific flooring options.)
ES-P (ENVIROSTIX™ PRIMER)
- No mixing, 1-part, ready-to-use
- Solvent-free, VOC-free, acrylic alkali resistant primer that neutralizes the PH of the substrates surface, binds residual dust, while improving bonding properties
- Used to pre-treat the floors prior to the installation of EnviroSTIX™ on porous and non-porous substrate
- Quick Dry Time/Same-day Installation: 30-40 minutes per coat (dry time will vary based on the job site conditions and porosity, and humidity will play a major role in dry time)
- Shelf Life: 30 days opened container or 6-months unopened container from the factory date stored not below 41° F
- Unit Size: 1⁄2 gal, 1 gal, & 5 gal units
ENVIROSTIX™ ADHESIVE (ES)
EnviroSTIX™ is a pre-cured, moisture resistant, virtually VOC-free, poly-acrylic adhesive. It is machine applied directly to the back of commercial grade flooring materials with a patented process at the Base King facility in Dalton, GA. When the materials arrive to the job site, they can quickly be installed (after acclimation) with an easy peel-and-bond application. EnviroSTIX™ can be installed over existing flooring for ease of remodeling, when existing material is in good condition.
“ENVIROSTIX™ADHESIVE SYSTEMS are some of the most cost effective, high performance flooring products available on the market.”
EnviroSTIX™ is a proven, successful product with millions of square feet installed on projects throughout the US & Canada. Please see our website for a list of projects. EnviroSTIX™ is mostly used in the commercial flooring industry on healthcare, education, government, & retail projects.
EnviroSTIX Classic has a 10-year limited warranty on properly installed projects.
See Figure 1.
4. Flooring Materials
3. EnviroSTIX™ Adhesive (Acrylic Dispersion with Integrated polyester scrim)
2. ES-P (EnviroSTIX™ Primer)
Figure 1. Application layers
INSTALLATION & TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
|Properties||ES-P (EnviroSTIX™ Primer)||EnviroSTIX™ Adhesive|
|Base||Solvent-Free, Acrylic||Solvent-Free, Acrylic Dispersion|
|Cure Time||30-40 Minutes per Coat||Pre-Cured Immediate Access|
|Install Temp Range||60° to 75° F (Flooring Manufacturer’s recommendations supersede EnviroSTIX Classic recommendations.)||45° to 90° F (Flooring Manufacturer’s recommendations supersede EnviroSTIX Classic recommendations.)|
|VOC Content||0 g/l (Out of 50 g/l Allowable)||0 g/l (Out of 50 g/l Allowable)|
|Water Solubility||Fully Miscible||Negligible|
|Surface PH Range||Neutralizes the PH.||7-14 PH — No limit when used in combination with the ES-P.|
|Sheet Goods & Modular|
Attic Stock Shelf Life
|6-Months Unopened Container at 70° F or 21° C. or 30 Days Opened Container at 70° F or 21° C.||10-Year Limited Warranty
recommendations on storage,
temperature, and shelf life supersede
EnviroSTIX Classic recommendations.)
|Coverage||300 sf/ 1⁄2 gal, 600 sf/ 1 gal, or 3000 sf/ 5-gal unit. (Spread rate will vary due to job site conditions.)||Full even uniform spread on the backing of the flooring material.|
|Warranty||10-Year Limited||10-Year Limited|