ES-100 ADHESIVE SYSTEM
THINK OUTSIDE THE BUCKET
- No mixing required.
- Roll on PH neutralizing primer.
- Easy peel-and-bond adhesive installation.
- Same day immediate access installations.
- Cost effective alternative vs. moisture mitigation.
- Machine applied adhesive with uniform coverage.
- High relative humidity protection with aggressive moisture resistant adhesive & moisture barrier primer. Performs up to 100% RH.
The ES-100 System includes the fast curing ES-MBP (EnviroSTIX™ Moisture Barrier Primer) combined with the pre-cured EnviroSTIX™ Adhesive.
FLOORING MATERIAL APPLICATIONS:
This system works with most major commercial flooring manufacture’s product lines. EnviroSTIX™ adhesive can be applied to carpet tiles, rubber tiles, VCT, LVT, sheet goods, and much more. (See your sales associate with questions about specific flooring options.)
ENVIROSTIX™ MOISTURE BARRIER PRIMER (ES-MBP)
- Advanced solvent free, water free, VOC free, one-part polyurethane resin moisture barrier primer.
- Used to pre-treat the floors prior to the installation of EnviroSTIX™ on porous and non-porous substrates. Also used as a moisture barrier that seals the substrate, blocking excessive residual moisture.
- Alkali resistant primer that neutralizes the PH of the substrates surface, binds residual dust while improving bonding properties.
- Fast cure time/ Same day installation: 40-60 minutes per coat. (Dry time will vary based on the job site conditions. Porosity and humidity will play a major role in dry time.)
- Shelf Life: 30 days opened container or 1-year unopened container from the factory date, stored at 70° F / 21° C not below 40° F / +5° C.
- Sold in 2.5-gallon units. (1,500 sf per 2.5-gallon unit or 600 sf per gallon. Spread rate varies per job site.)
ENVIROSTIX™ MOISTURE BARRIER PRIMER APPLICATION KIT (ES-MBP-AK)
These kits contain tools required for the proper installation of the ES-MBP. The ES-MBP-AK includes: (1) 3/8” napped adhesive foam roller, (1) 5-gallon bucket, (1) bucket grid, (1) spray bottle. (A painters Tray and disposable tray liners can be used in place of the bucket and grid.) Always use clean & dry tools when installing ES-MBP. These tools can be purchased at your local hardware store or directly from us as a kit for your convenience.
ENVIROSTIXTM ADHESIVE (ES)
EnviroSTIX™ is a pre-cured, moisture resistant, virtually VOC free, poly-acrylic adhesive. It is machine applied directly to the back of commercial grade flooring materials with a patented process at the Base King facility in Dalton, GA. When the materials arrive to the job site, they can quickly be installed (after acclimation) with an easy peel-and-bond application. EnviroSTIX™ can be installed over existing flooring for ease of remodeling, when existing material is in good condition.
“ENVIROSTIXTM ADHESIVE SYSTEMS are some of the most cost effective, high performance flooring products available on the market.”
EnviroSTIX™ is a proven, successful product with millions of square feet installed on projects throughout the US & Canada every year. Please see our website for a short list of projects. EnviroSTIX™ is mostly used in the commercial flooring industry on healthcare, education, government, & retail projects.
EnviroSTIX™ has a 10-year limited warranty on properly installed projects
See Figure 1.
4. Flooring Materials
3. EnviroStix™ Adhesive (Acrylic Dispersion with Integrated polyester scrim)
2. ES-MBP (EnviroStix™ Moisture Barrier Primer)
1. Substrate EnviroSTIX™ has a tri-directional integrated scrim that assists with dimensional stability reinforcement of the adhesive. (See scrim pattern at right.)
Figure 1. Application layers
INSTALLATION & TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
|Properties||ES-MBP (EnviroSTIXTM MB Primer)||EnviroSTIXTM Adhesive|
|Base||Solvent-Free, Polyurethane Resin||Solvent-Free, Acrylic Dispersion|
|Color||Dark Translucent Coat||Clear|
|Cure Time||40-60 Minutes per Coat||Pre-cured Immediate Access|
|Install Temp Range||60° to 75° F (Flooring Manufacturer’s|
recommendations supersede ES-100
|45° to 90° F (Flooring Manufacturer’s
recommendations supersede ES-100
|VOC Content||0 g/l (Out of 50 g/l Allowable)||0 g/l (Out of 50 g/l Allowable)|
|Surface PH Range||Neutralizes the PH.||7-14 PH — No limit when used in
combination with the ES-MBP.
|Sheet Goods & Modular|
Attic Stock Shelf Life
|1 Year Unopened Container|
at 70° F or 21° C.
30 Days Opened Container
at 70º F or 21º C.
|10-Year Limited Warranty
recommendations on storage,
temperature, and shelf life supersede
|Coverage||2.5 Gallon Unit: 1,000 sf|
1 Gallon: 400 sf
(Spread rate will vary due to
job site conditions.)
|Full even uniform spread on the
backing of the flooring material.
|Warranty10-Year Limited||10-Year Limited||10-Year Limited|